The communion service or mass is a common feast of the parish and is held every Sunday at 10 am in Kerava church (Papintie 2) and every religious (Christian) holiday. The church service is a place where God nurtures our faith by serving us. Services are held in Finnish, but we have leaflets explaining the proceedings and content of the mass in English. You can come as a whole family: every other Sunday we have a special program for the children.
We offer activities to people of all ages. Most of them are held in Finnish, but you are most welcome to join us even if you don't speak the language. We will find a way for you to participate. You will find all our activities and events at our Events Calendar. Here are some of them:
For Children and Families with Children
A lovely way to meet new friends! Our family clubs involve singing, rhymes, storytime, craft projects and free play. Refreshments are available. Adults have time to chat while children are busy playing and doing other activities with our trained staff. Family Clubs last for 1½ hours and are free of charge.
- Avoin päiväkerho (Open Family Club) Tuesdays at 10 am at Savion seurakuntatalo (Savio parish hall, Koivikontie 9) and Kalevan seurakuntatalo (Kaleva parish hall, Ritakatu 2)
- Avoin päiväkerho (Open Family Club) Thursdays at 10 am at Wanha pappila (Old Rectory, Hakalantie 1) and Ahjon kerhotila (Ahjo Club room, Ketjutie 3)
- Vanhemmat-lapsikerho (Parents-Children Club) Fridays at 10 am at Wanha Pappila (Old Rectory, Hakalantie 1). Parents and children do activities together the whole time
- Iltaperhekerho (Evening Family Club) every second Wednesday at 5.30 pm at different locations
After school clubs
We offer various clubs for kids from 7 to 14 years old: crafts, floorball and other sports, children's choir. etc. They are free of charge and there's no need to sign up. Check the times here or contact Arto Nyman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child choir "Revontulet" (Northern Lights) Thursdays at 5 pm to 6 pm at Kerava church (Papintie 2)
- Open house at Katupappila (Kauppakaari 13) Tuesdays at 4 pm to 6 pm. Have a cup of hot cocoa and just relax!
For Young people
Every Friday from 6 pm to 10 pm we get together at Wanha Pappila (Old Rectory, Hakalantie 1). We also arrange camps and day trips. If you are around 14-15 years of age, you can attend our confirmation camp.
For Adults and Seniors
We offer Bible studies, coffee clubs, concerts, lectures, day trips, camps, choir and orchestra etc.
Katupappila (Kauppakaari 13) houses an open cafe Mondays to Fridays from 10 am to 2 pm. There you can meet new friends and chat with our pastors or diaconal and voluntary workers
We have trained voluntary workers who are happy to meet over a cup of coffee to prep up your Finnish or everyday matters like doing grocery shopping. Contact Petra Teittinen or Christopher Montgomery for further information.